Thursday, January 22, 2015

Explain Love

We looked at each other a little too long to just be friends.  When she looked at me, sometimes I felt like she was looking for something more, a place beyond our reach.

“And I guess I realized at that moment that I really did love her. Because there was nothing to gain, and that didn't matter.” 
-Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

This moment will be another story someday, but I didn't want it to be just a storya wistful recollection of a lapse in judgement.  I wanted us to be a long story.  A complicated series of ifs and buts and maybes, surpassed by time.

Wanna make my eyes shut 
But I've just come in half cut 
and I know I won't sleep tonight 

I just wanna call you up 
But tonight I really fucked it up 
Cause I can't ever do things right 

Tonight we're sat on the seesaw watching me fall down
We are not equal what I did was evil 
Cheating in the playground 

We're on the seesaw but I'm the one to fall
Keep going down down down 
We're on the seesaw but I'm the one to fall 
Keep going down down down 

Alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment